The Villanova Distance Training Camp
Villanova Swimming prides itself on the long history of excellence in the distance events.
Villanova has won the Big East Championship in the 1650 yard freestyle 13 out of the last 15 years. Villanova athletes have qualified for the NCAA National Championships in the 1650 Freestyle 10 out of the last 14 years. Several Villanova athletes have been conference champions and record holders in the 500 Free, 400 IM, and 200 Butterfly.
Now you can spend a week in the Villanova “D-Group”!
Each day will consist of:
- 2 in-pool training sessions. Each Session will be directed by Coach Simpson personally.
- Dryland program- The same detailed program used at Villanova daily.
- Lunch break- Provided in the Villanova Dining Hall.
- Guest lectures and technical meetings covering areas such as race strategies and pacing, nutrition, health management in a high volume program, stroke technique, etc.
- Day camp hours will run — Mon–Thurs. 9:00AM-4:00 PM- Friday 9:00AM-12:00 NOON.
- Overnight campers will reside in the dormitories on the Campus of Villanova University. Coaches, counselors and the camp dormitory director will reside in the dorms to provide first rate supervision and a safe and productive environment. All meals will be served in the campus dining hall.
- Campers should arrive equipped with the following: Paddles, Pull Buoy, Training Snorkel, Fins.
EACH WATER SESSION WILL BE DIRECTED BY COACH SIMPSON PERSONALLY AND WILL INVOLVE A HIGH AMOUNT OF VOLUME. IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP THE INTERACTION AS PERSONAL AS POSSIBLE, SPACES WILL BE VERY LIMITED.
Villanova Distance Training Camp: June 24 - 28, 2019
Overnight Camp (Mon AM - Fri 12 noon) $800 Loading... Coming Soon Registration Closed
Day Camp (Mon AM - Fri 12 Noon) $575 Loading... Coming Soon Registration Closed
Four Stroke Technique Camps
Each week, the Villanova coaching staff, as well as other visiting college coaches, will focus on all aspects of competitive swimming. Each week will consist of videotaping and review using the Fastlane system by Endless pools. The camper will be exposed to a variety of topics such as stroke technique, training methods, strength training, nutrition, and sports psychology. Each week will conclude with the Blue/White swim meet on Friday.
Lunch in the student dining hall is included on Mon.-Thurs. of each camp week.
- Mon-Thursday 9:00AM-4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00AM-12:00pm
Four Stroke Technique Camp: July 8 - 12, 2019
$475 Loading... Coming Soon Coming Soon
Team rate (5 or more) - $450
Parent/coach contact Rick Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of your players and get the team rate discount code. Players, contact your parent/coach to retrieve team promo code BEFORE registering for camp.